Sunday, October 17, 2010

C25k graduate!!!!!!!







October 16, 2010

Oct 16 was my final day doing the couch to 5k program. I decided to graduate by running the 1st annual, Shape up AZ and Fit City Chandler 5k, in Chandler, AZ!

With Mallery by my side we took off at 8am. Mallery, being the amazing friend she is, decided to document the entire journey. While I was jogging ( and suffering, dieing, getting sun burned, etc. ) she jogged circles around me taking pictures from many angles. She also said motivational sayings such as "You're looking strong!" and "You can do it!" I would not have made it through the race with out her.

During the race, I wasn't feeling very strong. The entire time I was regretting my 12:30 bedtime and my speed hiking journey in Sedona the day before. Thoughts of never running again also popped into my head during my trek around the canal and park. But I kept running...

And with Mallery trailing behind I finished! My official time was 44 minutes and 38 seconds!

My next 5k is going to be on Thanksgiving morning! I am hoping Josh will run with me! My goal is to run it in under 40 minutes!

I have lots of pictures from the race thanks to Mallery and Josh! While I was crossing the finish line Mallery stayed behind me and took pictures and Josh from took pictures of me from the other side!

Ill post the pics Josh took in this post and we will all wait patiently for Mallery to send the pics she took...

I cant believe I did it!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE AWESOME AND DID A GREAT JOB WITH YOUR C25K PROGRAM!!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU. PICTURES WILL BE POSTED WITHIN 365 DAYS OF THE RACE...PROMISE!

    ReplyDelete