Thursday, October 7, 2010

W7 Day 2,3

For Day 2 I did make it out of bed on Thursday and started running - until the tragedy occurred. I found myself running farther and farther away from a toilet, but in desperate need of one. I tried to run home...but that wasn't going to happen... In a desperate attempt I began walking slowly toward my house while clenching my ass together as tight as possible. Then the tragedy happened. I just had to go...in an empty shopping complex. I tried to hide behind a pillar but I am convinced someone saw me. I walked home in shame. Confused on whether their was a runners code about going back and picking up ones droppings, I was too embarrassed to make my way back to check it out.

And then I procrastinated my 25 minute run until Sunday. Bad Beth! Very bad! I even procrastinated until Sunday evening, and I hate night running. I am so tired and blah. It is so much easier to run when I get up and just do it, however this is getting harder and harder to accomplish as I continue to pile on job after job... Back to running on Sunday - with the dark night masking my identity I thought it was a really good idea to see if the shopping complex had cleaned up my present or if it was being feasted on by bugs. So I trotted on down there ( very slowly, I don't trot fast by any means...) The only remenant left of my present was a small stain... Sorry maintenance guy! I promise I will now be running routes with bathrooms!

Since I procrastinated my full day 2 run, I had to run day 3 on Monday (no rest day). I actually got outta bed in time (shocking I know). I was pretty nervous about it, but pulled through somehow.

My new running motto: slow and steady wins the race.

1 comment:

  1. "A survey by the Oklahoma Foundation for Digestive Research, released in 2000, found that 72 percent of conditioned athletes have suffered from lower-intestine distress. In other words, athletes poop their pants (or shorts) far more often than you realize."

    READ THESE:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=5651802
    http://twentysixpointtwoormore.blogspot.com/2010/10/shit-happens.html

    ReplyDelete