Sunday, September 19, 2010

W5 D1,2,3

I made it through week 5! I am totally impressed with my progress!

Today I ran the dreaded 20 minutes. I think I only made it about a mile and a half, but I am still proud of myself. So far, I think that is the longest I have ever run straight through, time or distance. Clearly, I wont be winning any races, but for me this is a small accomplishment on my long journey to 26.2.

Now that I have been running around my neighborhood for some time now, I have noticed I am becoming accepted into the running club. Even though I am moving a pace that is at best, slightly faster than a crawl, all the other runners are waving, greeting me, and acknowledging their new found member into the club. I especially liked the member that passed me today, running very fast, with no shirt on. He smiled, waved, and asked how I was doing. It put a little extra spring in my step.

Now that I am done with the dreaded 20 minute run, I think it will be smooth sailing from here on out. I know that I can do it.

1 comment:

  1. I am SO PROUD of you!!! Just turn and follow the shirtless guy next time...you'll see that you can run much faster than you think! :)

    ReplyDelete